The School Library Service can help to make your library a vibrant, inspirational and enjoyable place, where children and young people become independent learners and readers.
With a stock of more than 250,000 books, as well as access to state-of-the-art online e-resources, we provide schools with a wide range of high quality learning resources.
The service we provide is an efficient, cost effective way for schools to resource the national curriculum, primary frameworks and secondary strategies, and to promote the enjoyment of reading.
How we can support you
- Advice on library refurbishment, resources and policy development
- Assessment of stock and advice on book purchase
- Library and skills training for pupils / students
- Effective provision for both able and special educational needs (SEN) pupils
- Promoting a school wide reading for pleasure strategy
- Training of school library staff and pupil librarians
- Bulk loan of fiction for the school library to enhance choice.
- One topic collection of 30 items per class per term
- Access to museum in a box and artefact service.
- Two topic collections of 30 books per class per term
- One classroom fiction collection of 30 books per class per term
- Six group read sets per class per term
- E-resource package: fiction express, curriculum visions, Peters e-books
- Discounted access to museum in a box and artefact service
- One days consultancy per year.
In addition to our silver and gold services, we also provide secondary schools with a price per item subscription package to enhance flexibility. Please contact us to find out more.