With years of experience and an intimate understanding of the workings of schools, we understand that effective continuing professional development (CPD) is at the heart of school improvement, and should be available to everyone from senior leadership teams to teachers, school administrators, support staff and governors.
We're committed to providing a wide range of centre-based and school-based development opportunities that are up-to-date, relevant and delivered by well-qualified and experienced subject/aspect professionals. If you're unable to find the specific training you or your staff require, we'll do everything we can to meet this need, bringing in the specific specialist support if required.
We're working closely with the Shropshire Teaching School Alliances and the University Centre Shrewsbury on the range of offers available to schools in the area, signposting development and accreditation opportunities across the partnership of providers.
The Education Improvement Service offers three different package options for schools in 2016/17:
Standard package – includes the following centre-based provision:
- Attendance at all subject/aspect network meetings (to ensure access to network meetings for all subscribing schools there may be cases where attendance per school will be limited)
- 20% discount on the majority of centre-based CPD courses
- Attendance at the termly headteacher workshop (primary schools only)
- Attendance for a senior leader at the senior leaders network meeting (secondary schools only)
- One free newly qualified teacher (NQT) observation session per NQT (an appropriate body fee will apply)
- Access to additional subject/aspect support material from the subscribers section of the Shropshire Learning Gateway
Fischer Family Trust Aspire Package - includes all the benefits of the ‘standard’ package, plus:
- Access to Fischer Family Trust (FFT) school and pupil level data. By purchasing the ‘FFT Aspire’ package, schools will have direct access to FFT Aspire, FFT’s online reporting system
Management package – includes all the benefits of the ‘standard’ and ‘FFT Aspire’ packages, plus:
- Headteacher performance management
- Website health check
- Attendance for a senior leader and governor at two of the three following half day workshops held at the Shrewsbury Training & Development Centre:
- Developing a self evaluation form (SEF) to impress
- Writing an action plan to make a difference
- Getting the most out of governors
All subscribing schools will have access to additional resources stored in password protected areas of the Shropshire Learning Gateway.
We're able to work with individual schools and/or clusters of schools on tailored packages to meet their individual or collective requirements.