Academies who receive their SIMS support from Education Technology Services (ETS) are now eligible for CAPITA 'Cashback'.
We are very pleased to announce a new ‘Cashback’ offer for academies who:
1) Pay their SIMS license fee directly to Capita
2) Receive their SIMS support from Education Technology Services (ETS).
In order to be allowed to provide SIMS support to schools and academies, local authorities pay Capita an annual fee known as the “Annual Entitlement Charge”.
The amount paid to Capita depends on the number of schools and academies we support each year - the more schools we support, the greater the “Annual Entitlement Charge”.
Capita runs a scheme for local authorities that provide SIMS support to academies who meet the above criteria a) and b).
In Capita’s own words:
“Capita will reimburse an LA up to the value of 20% of the annual entitlement charge to cover the cost of the LA team supporting a SIMS direct school.”
It is our intention to make full use of this initiative and pass any monies received from Capita back to academies that we support.
What we will do:
- If you are an academy subscribing to our ETS Service #17: SIMS & Microsoft Office support during the financial year 2017/18, we will submit a reimbursement claim to CAPITA as detailed above.
- Provided our application for supporting your Academy is successful, we will let you know how much CAPITA has reimbursed us for providing support to your academy.
- We will then deduct this value from your overall 2017/18 ETS services bill when we next invoice you.
- If you are paying for your 2017/18 services on a monthly basis then we will deduct a pro-rata amount from your bill each month.
Either way – we will pass this reimbursement onto you.
When this will begin:
- We will submit our reimbursement claims to CAPITA from the beginning of the summer term (commencing 24th April 2017) onwards.
- Only those academies with an active subscription to ETS Service #17: SIMS & Microsoft Office support during the finical year 2017/18 will qualify.
- Unfortunately, legacy SIMS Support Services provided by SITSS or ETS whose delivery commenced prior to 1 April 2017 do not qualify.
- We will then contact each academy to let them know the amount of money Capita has reimbursed us and adjust your ETS billing accordingly.
If you are an academy, I hope this is welcome news to you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do get in touch.